photography and musings by an amateur photographer aspiring to be more
Cramming as much San Fran experience into two days leaves you short of words and with your legs tired. Today was the "touristy" stuff.
- Golden Gate Bridge. Had to see it, dwarfs everything around it. Pictures to come.
- The Presidio. We only saw some of the abandoned parts. Eerily pretty.
- Coit Tower. Cool, but $4.50 for an elevator ride? Come on ...
- Fisherman's Wharf. For some reason when I pictured this place I pictured a few quaint piers with some restaurants near them, and some sea lions who sat on docks. Wrong. What a nightmare, reminds me of Hampton Beach, NH. ... The sea lions were cool though, admittedly.
- In-N-Out Burger. Those are good burgers, Dude.
- Alcatraz. Very eerie and cool as expected. Went on the last trip out. Got some good shots thanks to the evening light and the prime lens. Can't wait to go through them.
- North Beach. Lots of restaurants that smelled amazing. The one we went to, North Beach restaurant, featured a Maitre'd who liked to drop politician's names. Great wine recommendation, though. Want to go back before I leave!
Geeking it out begins tomorrow, I'm psyched and almost glad there's not going to be that much walking around.
Posted by Matt 5/06/2008 02:39:00 AM